Hi! To see my featured blog posts (AKA the ones that I’m proud of and want to share) scroll up! To view some more of my blog posts, look to the left under “recent posts”. If you want one from way back (although, I don’t know why you would) you can scroll down look under “archives”. Click a certain month and view all posts posted during that time.
Hi. My name is Alona Mayim (insert last name here). I am 14 years old. My birthday is March 1st, 2003, and I was born at 2:15 in the morning. If you want to see more pictures of me and my family then CLICK!
I became a student at ALC Mosaic (click for website) (Then, The Mosaic School LLC) in February of 2014. I have done so many things with school! This includes White Water Rafting, Washington D.C. x3 (click!), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I’ve also made tons of friends.
I love school so much I can’t even describe it. My favorite thing about school is probably that we are all a huge family. We’re all pretty much siblings by now. We’re around each other so much that sometimes we annoy each other just like brothers and sisters.
The biggest struggle at school is that there aren’t many teenagers. I’m actually the only teenage girl in the whole school. The other two teens are Gabe @gabe and Michael @michaelgadhia. They’re 13 and 14 respectably.
This post is labeled About Me. So you might want to know some more random things that can help you imagine what I’m like.
Random Facts About Me:
- I was almost named Nora. I probably would have if my dad liked the name better. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if he had. I really like that name anyway.
- I’ve always wanted to have a career having to do with Biology.
- I am a grammar, spelling, and punctuation freak. If I have a mistake in my posts please let me know.
- I taught myself to read.
- The first book I read on my own was Duma. I was 6!
- I’ve had 15 chickens. They are all dead now.
- I didn’t realize I had curly hair until February 2016! Until then I always brushed it and it became a frizzy mess. See my post about my hair HERE!
- When my sister Elisha and I tried to teach Balto (our dog) how to shake, he already knew! We don’t know where he learned it.
- Balto was abandoned as a puppy.
- I am very interested in genetics. I use Khan Academy for most of/all of my genetics knowledge. Click HERE for my post explaining some things about genetics. Feel free to comment on my genetics post to ask any clarifying questions about it.
Here are some things I love to do!
- Learn about math
- Learn about history
- Learn about science
- Take care of and cuddle animals
- Be sarcastic
- Drink coffee
- Learn In General
List of nicknames through my life:
- Honey Boo Boo (Because you know… Honey Boo Boo’s real name is actually Alana Thompson.)
List of my pets past/present:
- 22 Gerbils
- 1 Rabbit
- 2 Dogs
- 1 Cat
- 15 Chickens
List of pets I have fostered or kept for 1 day before they died(*cough*field mouse*cough*):
- 2 Rabbits
- 8 Cats/Kittens
- 4 Puppies
- 1 Field Mouse
Some of my favorite….
- Eye in the Sky
- The Martian
- Life Is Beautiful
- Girl Meets World
- The Cosby Show
- The Hunger Games Series
- Dwellers Series
- Countries Series
- Birthmarked Series
- Slip Series
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children Series
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Anne of Green Gables Series
- Tuck Everlasting
- The Warriors Series
Feel free to ask me any questions! See ya!